IMPORTANT CHANGE EFFECTIVE July 2021
- Good news! Treat Memorial Library is now open without requiring an appointment. We request that patrons please still wear masks to protect those who have not been vaccinated, are unable to be vaccinated, or are otherwise medically vulnerable. Please continue to limit your time to 30 minutes, if possible.Curbside will continue for those who prefer it. We look forward to seeing you and appreciate your help in continuing to keep our community safe! Please call 897-3631 if you have any questions.
- 1) Do NOT come to the library if you feel sick.
- 2) Face coverings are requested to protect those who are unable to be vaccinated, have not been vaccinated yet, or are otherwise vulnerable.
- 3) Follow library signage and directions for accessing materials.
- 4) Limit your library visit to 30 minutes or less.
- 5) Sanitize your hands upon entry and before leaving (sanitizer will be provided).
- Best sellers
- Fiction and non-fiction
- Reference materials
- Career information
- Audio books
- Large print collection
- Maine collection
- Reference assistance
- Library tours
- Inter-library loan
- Computer access
- Internet services
- Children's Summer Reading Program
- Printing and Photocopying: 20 cents a page for black and white, 50 cents for color
- Faxing: A dollar for the first page and 25 cents for each additional page
Treat’s Covid Conduct Guidelines:
Please note that we will be resuming late fees in June. Please use the green book drop at the front of the building to return ALL items.
All in library programming has been suspended, but we are currently offering online programming via our Facebook page. We have weekly and special programs throughout the month. Check out our Facebook page for current offerings and upcoming events!Treat Memorial Library Facebook
Our adult book club has resumed meeting over Zoom. If you’re interested in joining lively book-based discussions, call the library for details!
Staff will be manning the phone during regular library hours to help if we can. Please call 897-3631, send us an email, or Facebook message.
Thank you for helping us make the library a safer place!
Collection and Services:
New: Online Catalog
You can browse our catalog using the link above, and those of other participating libraries in Maine, at https://mainecat.maine.edu/. To request or reserve any item in either catalog, you can log into your library account, call us, email us, or come into the library.
To log into your library account through our catalog, use the last four digits of your library card number and phone number we have on file. Once logged in, you can place reserves and inter-library loan requests. You’ll also be able to renew your checked out items as well as access your complete circulation history.
Also accessible through our catalog is the Cloud Library, where you can borrow eBooks and eAudiobooks. Download the app and use your library account credentials to get started.
Treat Memorial Library is proud to offer a variety of materials for our patrons. Our collection includes the following:
The Maine collection includes, but is not limited to, area histories, genealogical references, and other Maine materials.
Services offered are:
We have a two week check out time for general materials. Items from the New Adult section may not exceed two per account. DVDs and Music CDs may be checked out for one week, with a limit of two per account for DVDs. There is a 10 cents per day fine for each item overdue, not to exceed $3.00 per item.
Renewals and reserves may be placed through the catalog, by phone, email or at the Circulation Desk. For inter-library loans, you can log into your account, call the library or email Brianna at email@example.com.
Patrons are required to present their library card when borrowing any library materials.Top
We offer a weekly storytime on Wednesdays at 10:30 aimed at preschool age children, but fun for all ages. Storytime includes several stories, songs, rhymes and play with a magnet board as well as a craft.
During the summer, Treat Memorial Library offers a Children's Summer Reading Program. Children, as well as parents, are welcome to participate. We are encouraging families to sign up to read books together during the summer.
We have many special events and activities during this program, such as story and craft times, puzzle sheets and guessing games, and live entertainment. Everyone who successfully completes the program will receive a certificate, a prize packet, and be invited to the grand finale party.
We have something special for our adult patrons too! Our adult book club! Meetings are on the second Thursday of every month at 3:30. Books are suggested by members based on a theme they wish to explore; past themes have included the Civil War, Great Women in History, and the Jazz Age.
For more information call the library at 897-3631.Top