IMPORTANT CHANGE EFFECTIVE NOVEMBER 24TH 2020
- In order to do our part in slowing the community spread of Covid-19, Treat Memorial Library will be returning to curbside service ONLY starting Tuesday, November 24th . Curbside service for pick-up of books and other library materials will be available Tuesdays, Wednesday, Thursdays, and Saturdays. Log into your account, reserve available items, and we will call you to make an appointment for pick up. You may also call the library to reserve. For those who prefer browsing, curbside menus will also be available to help with your book selection. Staff will also be available to assist with printing, copies, and faxing through curbside. Inter-library loan services will also still be available. This is a sad decision to have to make, but the safety of the community is top priority right now. We appreciate your patience and understanding during this time. Please call 897-3631 if you have any questions. Please be safe and well!
- Curbside Service on Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, and Saturday. For now we are limiting items to 10 per account. Log into your account or call the library to reserve available items, and we will call you to schedule a pick up appointment.
- Services such as printing, copying and faxing are now available through curbside as well. We cannot make change at this time, so please bring exact change or check.
- Best sellers
- Fiction and non-fiction
- Reference materials
- Career information
- Audio books
- Large print collection
- Maine collection
- Reference assistance
- Library tours
- Inter-library loan
- Computer access
- Internet services
- Children's Summer Reading Program
- Printing and Photocopying: 20 cents a page for black and white, 50 cents for color
- Faxing: A dollar for the first page and 25 cents for each additional page
Please use the green book drop at the front of building to return ALL items. No late fees will accrue during this time.
All in library programming has been suspended, but we are currently offering online programming via our Facebook page. We have weekly and special programs throughout the month. Check out our Facebook page for current offerings and upcoming events!Treat Memorial Library Facebook
Our adult book club has resumed meeting over Zoom. If you’re interested in joining lively book-based discussions, call the library for details!
Staff will be manning the phone during regular library hours to help if we can. Please call 897-3631, send us an email, or Facebook message.
Thank you for helping us make the library a safer place!
Collection and Services:
New: Online Catalog
You can browse our catalog using the link above, and those of other participating libraries in Maine, at https://mainecat.maine.edu/. To request or reserve any item in either catalog, you can log into your library account, call us, email us, or come into the library.
To log into your library account through our catalog, use the last four digits of your library card number and phone number we have on file. Once logged in, you can place reserves and inter-library loan requests. You’ll also be able to renew your checked out items as well as access your complete circulation history.
Also accessible through our catalog is the Cloud Library, where you can borrow eBooks and eAudiobooks. Download the app and use your library account credentials to get started.
Treat Memorial Library is proud to offer a variety of materials for our patrons. Our collection includes the following:
The Maine collection includes, but is not limited to, area histories, genealogical references, and other Maine materials.
Services offered are:
We have a two week check out time for general materials. Items from the New Adult section may not exceed two per account. DVDs and Music CDs may be checked out for one week, with a limit of two per account for DVDs. There is a 10 cents per day fine for each item overdue, not to exceed $3.00 per item.
Renewals and reserves may be placed through the catalog, by phone, email or at the Circulation Desk. For inter-library loans, you can log into your account, call the library or email Brianna at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Patrons are required to present their library card when borrowing any library materials.Top
We offer a weekly storytime on Wednesdays at 10:30 aimed at preschool age children, but fun for all ages. Storytime includes several stories, songs, rhymes and play with a magnet board as well as a craft.
During the summer, Treat Memorial Library offers a Children's Summer Reading Program. Children, as well as parents, are welcome to participate. We are encouraging families to sign up to read books together during the summer.
We have many special events and activities during this program, such as story and craft times, puzzle sheets and guessing games, and live entertainment. Everyone who successfully completes the program will receive a certificate, a prize packet, and be invited to the grand finale party.
We have something special for our adult patrons too! Our adult book club! Meetings are on the second Thursday of every month at 3:30. Books are suggested by members based on a theme they wish to explore; past themes have included the Civil War, Great Women in History, and the Jazz Age.
For more information call the library at 897-3631.Top